Bury Education Psychology Service has set up a helpline on Mondays between 1pm and 3.30pm and Wednesdays between 9.30am and 12.00 to provide advice and support for schools/parents of children and young people with SEND in the context of the current situation that exists due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Educational Psychologists will be able give advice on issues such as:
· Anxiety, stress and related issues arising from being out of school/returning to school/COVID 19/missing friends etc.,
· Loss and bereavement – EPs provide Critical Incident support, but the helpline may identify where this support is needed.
· Transitions – particularly for those children starting reception/year 7.
· Advice on routines/behaviours because of changes to routine.
· Reassurance/advice on academic progress and expectations once children are back to school.
· Advice on EHC needs assessments and annual reviews.
· Any other educational questions or concerns.
Parents/Carers are encouraged to call, no matter how small the question or concern is. The helpline number is 0161 253 6406.