Ideas of activities to take part in with your child – Pre-Nursery
Please use these activities to run alongside of the use of Tapestry.
- 10 green bottles
- 5 little men in a flying saucer
- 5 currant buns
- 5 little ducks
- 5 cheeky monkeys
- 1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive
- The wheels on the bus
- Twinkle twinkle little star
- Old MacDonald had a farm
- Baa baa black sheep
- Humpty dumpty
- Hickory dickory dock
- Miss Polly had a dolly
- The grand old Duke of York
- Incy wincy spider
(And any others your children enjoy singing).
- Play alongside and with your child – develop their interests.
- Encourage their language through play.
- Practice counting with anything in your house – it could be when setting the table, climbing the stairs, playing with toys – anything can be counted.
- Play with shapes – go on a shape hunt – what can you find?
- Play outside on bikes, scooters etc.
- Move in a variety of ways – can you hop, jump, skip, run etc.?
- Play ball games.
Reading and stories:
- Read stories to your child/ren – encourage them to talk about what has happened in the story and who the characters are.
- If you do not have any books, then use YouTube or Cbeebies bedtime stories and then talk about them.
- Draw pictures with your child/ren – encourage them to select the colour they would need.
- Talk about what they have drawn.