We expect all children on roll to attend every day, when the school is in session, as long as they are fit and healthy enough to do so. We do all we can to encourage the children to attend, and to put in place appropriate procedures. We believe that the most important factor in promoting good attendance is the development of positive attitudes towards school. To this end, we strive to make our school a happy and rewarding experience for all children.
Reporting an absence
All absences must be reported directly to the school office using one of the following methods;
- Telephone 0161 764 2017
- Email email@example.com
- In person at the school office.
- If a reason for absence has not been provided before 9:30am a text will be sent out to remind you to contact school.
- If no contact has been made by 10:00am school will telephone to establish a reason for absence.
- If there is no reply on the telephone and we still have no reason for your child’s absence, a member of staff will conduct a home visit to check that all is well.
- If staff cannot make contact at this visit the police will be notified.
We trust that you will recognise the importance of this matter and thank you for your continued support.
Requests for leave of absence
Amendments to the 2006 pupil registration regulations do not allow Head Teachers to grant leave for a pupil to be absent for the purpose of a family holiday. The amendments make clear that Head Teachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school.