It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
• promotes a sense of pride in the school;
• engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
• is practical and smart;
• identifies the children with the school;
• prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class;
• makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
• is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
• is designed with health and safety in mind.
St Peter’s School Uniform is as follows:
Black Pinafore/Black Skirt
Blue/White Summer dress
White Polo Shirt (no logo)
Black tights or white socks for girls
Black socks for boys
Navy Blue Sweatshirt (with logo)
Navy Blue Cardigan (with logo)
Navy Blue Book bag (with logo)
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes that have platform soles or high heels, so we do not allow children to wear such shoes in our school. Neither do we allow children to wear trainers to school; this is because we think that this footwear is appropriate for sport or for leisurewear, but is not in keeping with the smart appearance of a school uniform. We require all children to wear shoes as stated in the uniform list.
- White t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black PE Pumps
- PE Bag with child’s name
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school apart from small stud earrings which must be taken out for PE and swimming.
Items with the school logo can be purchased online from the following companies:
My Clothing which is the UK’s largest provider of school wear
Price & Buckland which has been our supplier in the past and are now able to offer online ordering