- Do not go near children who are not in your class
- At break and lunchtimes, stay in your own zone on the playground
- If you walk to school on your own, make sure you arrive on time (not too early or late) and walk straight into school through your classroom door
- If you walk home on your own, go straight home
- Only 1 child is allowed to use the toilet at once. If you see a child from another class in the toilets, wait outside until they have finished. Always use the toilets outside of your classroom, including at breaktimes and lunchtimes.
- Do not touch other children, even if they are in your class
- When playing outside, e.g. at playtime, do not play any games which will mean you are very close to others, e.g. no tackling when playing football (passing and shooting is fine)
Stopping the virus spreading on surfaces (things you touch)
- Clean your hands regularly, including at the following times:
- when you arrive at school
- when you return from breaks
- when you change rooms
- before and after eating
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, put the tissue in the bin and wash your hands. If you don’t have time to get a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow (not your hands).
- Only use the equipment that has been provided for you (e.g. the laptop or tablet you are told to use; the pack of stationery you are given)
- On the days you have PE, come to school in your PE kit
- Only bring your packed lunch box to school. Bags are not allowed and you must not bring your own stationery.
- If you feel hot or you are coughing a lot, or your sense of smell or taste are different to usual, tell your teacher straight away if you are in school. If you are at home, tell the person who looks after you.
Parents & Carers
- Maintain as much physical distance as possible from other children, parents and staff when on the school grounds.
- Reducing non-essential face-to-face contact
- Only enter the school grounds for the minimum length of time necessary. This means arriving on-time so you do not have to wait for the classroom door to be opened. The start and finish times are as follows:
|Nursery door||AM start||AM finish||PM start||PM finish|
|Start time||Home time||Entrance|
|8.45||3.05||Year 1 – door adjacent to pre-fab building|
|Years 3 and 4||8.50||3.10||Year 3 – door directly into the classroom from the main playground|
|Years 5 and 6||8.55||3.15||
Year 5 – directly into the classroom from the door next to the path
Year 6 – directly into the classroom from the quad area (opposite the community room)
- Our preferred method of communication is email. The school email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not approach staff at the classroom door.
- If you are dropping your child off at school and they are wearing a mask, please take the mask from them and take it home before your child enters the school building.
- Please do not send your child into school with a bag or with personal belongings. Children on packed lunches should bring their packed lunch box and a drink as normal and all children can bring in their own water bottle (the water fountains are not in use).
- Please send your child into school wearing their school uniform, apart from on days when they have PE.
- On days when your child has PE, please send them in their outdoor PE kit (white t-shirt and plain navy or plain black jogging bottoms). The children should also wear their St. Peter’s school jumper or cardigan and a pair of trainers.
Monday Reception and Year 4
Tuesday Year 6
Wednesday Year 3 and Year 5
Friday Year 2 and Year 1
- Do not send your child to school if anybody in your household has symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature; continuous cough; change in their normal sense of smell or taste)
- If anybody in your household displays symptoms of Covid-19, arrange for them to take a test as soon as possible and ensure they do not enter the school grounds
- Inform the school of the outcome of any test as soon as possible