Boris, HeartSmart’s very own purpose-built Robot, provides a fun, interactive and dynamic way for children to explore their hearts, the very thing that makes them unique.
Heartsmart follows five main principles that the children review each week. We focus on a different one each half term:
Please follow the links below for more information and how you can help your child be ‘Heartsmart’ at home.
Heartsmart Whole School Overview
Mental Health Champions
Mental health at St.Peter's is very much a priority. We have recognised the impact that Covid-19 has had on our children and have provided workshops which promote mental health and educate pupils as part of the new compulsory PSHE curriculum.
These workshops have already taken place for our older children and by the end of September, 2021 all our children from Year 1 – Year 6 will have become mental health champions!
The idea behind the Mental Health Champion workshops is that children are given the opportunity to learn and experience:
- What mental health is and what factors can affect it.
- The differences between good mental health and poor mental health.
- How to recognise the signs of poor mental health and how to seek help.
- How to take daily care for their own mental health and manage stress using a variety of evidenced based best strategies.
- Encouragement to support the mental health of other children in the school.